Friday, August 8, 2014

School Supplies Essentials

  

Hello, friends! Since I'm rolling out these "Back To School" posts, I figured that I could include one that didn't involve beauty or survival. I don't know about you guys, but I love shopping for back to school clothing, supplies, etc. I love it. I actually love school, which I know isn't the case for everyone. I love to learn, I love seeing my friends, and I just enjoy school. I'm a bit of a nerd, but hey! There's a bit of nerd in all of us ;) Anyways! Today's post is going to be about the school supplies that I must have every single year to survive. These are tried and true, and items that I know I will use. Now, I'm a very organized person, but I'm not extremely show-y about it. I don't have color-coded highlighters to go with my color-coded sticky notes to go with my color-coded binders. That's not my style. I don't even have a planner! Crazy, right? Let me just show you my school essentials, and I'll explain the rest on the way.


  • Backpack: I'm not really a super cool, denim backpack sort of person. I like the classic, two strap backpack that can carry all my books and notebooks. I prefer the backpacks with extra padding on the shoulder straps to absorb the weight inside it. 
    • Tip: Pack the heavier things (textbooks, notebooks, binders) towards the back of the backpack. Put it as close to the back of the backpack as you can. This will make it so you don't feel the weight as much.
  • Makeup Bag: I prefer use a makeup bag as a pencil pouch rather than an actual pencil pouch. They're so much more room and they're a lot cuter.
  • Mechanical Pencils: I feel like they write better and are so much more fun to use than regular pencils.
  • Erasers: I always use up the eraser on my pencil, so I have to carry around extra with me.
  • Pencil Lead: God forbid that you use a regular pencil. Keep lead on you for back up when your pencil runs out.
  • Colored Pens: My teachers must hate me, because I prefer to do my assignments in pen rather than in pencil. I do that partly because I think it's funny and I like the way it looks. I love having lots of colorful pens to write notes in and to doodle with.
  • Highlighters: I like to keep 1-2 highlighters in my pencil pouch to use for highlighting things when I'm studying or doing reading assignments. They make it so much easier to find what I need.
  • Chapstick: I always keep a chapstick with me so that my lips don't dry out and fall off. 
  • Sticky Notes: I don't use these that much, but they're great for studying or if you want to write a note to someone.
  • Binders: I like to have a binder for each class. This makes it easier to put my work and assignments with a certain class. I usually coordinate colors with my binders. I associate different colors with different subjects, so I use these to decide which binder will be for which class. 
    • Science: Green
    • English: Red
    • Math: Blue
    • Social Studies: Black
    • Tip: I organize my binders in hand made dividers. They're organized by "Warm-ups", "Notes", "HW", "Graded Assignments", "Class Work/Handouts".
  • Notebooks: I like to keep 1-2 notebooks in my bag. I use these to write down my assignments (SO MUCH MORE ROOM) and to write random thoughts in. They're also a life saver if you run out of paper.
  • Notebook Paper: Believe me, you'll need a lot of this. 
  • Notecards: They're great for studying with and sometimes teachers need you to have them. I don't carry them around school, but I always have a stack on hand.
  • Headphones: You can use these to listen to music on the ride over to school or sometimes, your teacher lets you take them out to listen to music. You don't want to be the person that didn't bring headphones on the day that happens.
  • Lady Product Pouch: I know this is TMI, but it's important for you girls out there to have one. Just keep it in the deep dark caves of your backpack and pull it out as needed. Believe me, it's a life saver.
Alright guys! I hope you enjoyed this post about the school supplies that I always have with me. I know that not everyone organizes their school bags this way, but this is just the way I like to do it. I wish you luck at school and a great year!

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment