Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer Books to Read!

  Hello, friends! I've done a ton of reading this summer. Sometimes I get so busy that I don't have to read, but I realize now what I've been missing! Not only is reading great for your mind, but it's really fun to get lost in the world of your book. I've read some really great books this summer, and I'd like to share them with you today to give you some inspiration on reading material. I'll let you know that I'm into girly-beachy books in the summer and during the rest of the year, I'll read something a bit heavier. It's just how I am. Let's get started!



  • If I Stay: This book is about a teenage musician who finds her life transformed by an accident that occurs one snowy day. It leaves her wondering about life and if she should fight for it or not. Throughout the book, the main character has flashbacks to her past and uses those to determine her fate. I really enjoyed this book. It's very well told and keeps you interested.

  • Eat Pray Love: This is one of my favorite books. It's basically about a woman's journey to find everything she wants in life by traveling to Italy, India, and Indonesia. I've read this twice, and have not only found it enlightening, but really entertaining as well. It's really funny and will leave you wondering about how you live your life.

  • Looking For Alaska: I love John Green! This is a great story about a kid who goes to boarding school and meets some weird, yet extraordinary people that change his life (for better or worse). This book is real and the characters are so relatable. It's a great book by my standards.

  • What Happened to Goodbye: This book is by Sarah Dessen, and it's another hit by her! It's about a girl named McClean who moves around a lot and changes her persona for every place that she moves. When she arrives in the new time by the name of something I forgot, she learns to be herself through the help of her friends and family. This book is a perfect summer read that's very relatable for teenagers. I really connected with the main character and got immersed in what she was going through. This is a really good book, you guys!

  • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: I read this book for the second time this summer and liked it even more than when I first read it! It follows the story of four best friends who are spending their summer apart for the first time. Throughout the story, the point of view changes for each character, which I really enjoy. It's the perfect summer book, full of heart, comedy, and romance. 
I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you end up reading any of these books! 

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment