Monday, August 4, 2014

Wander-ling: Castiglion Fiorentino Day 16-17

Hello, friends! If you're ever wondering about what went on in my last days at Castiglion Fiorentino, then I'm going to tell you! Here we go!


Day 16: July 29
Civita and Orvietto

  Day 16 was our last trip day. The students, Don, my dad, my sister, and I all boarded a bus to go first to Orvietto. In Orvietto, we didn't do much. We only had a few hours. We basically walked around town and explored. Orvietto sits above an extensive array of caves, and we actually got to explore one. However, it was terrifying, because the lights went off in the cave, leaving us in a pit of darkness. Luckily, we had a flashlight, but it was still really scary! Yikes!
  After leaving Orvietto, we took a bus up to Civita da Bagnoreggio (I think that's how you spell it). This is a town located on a secluded mountain, essentially. One must hike up the hill to get to the town, which is pretty cool. The view is gorgeous, as well. Once in Civita, we gathered the students together for a scheduled lunch at our favorite restaurant, "Osteria Antico". We're friends with the people there and they always dish out amazing food. We got bruschetta, thick spaghetti noodles (pici) with truffle sauce, penne pasta in red sauce, a platter of meat, potatoes, grilled veggies, and tiramisu. It was amazing!
  After lunch, we walked back to the bus. On the way, I made friends with a donkey. There was a donkey chilling out on the way back.
  Once back at the center, I read and went on YouTube. I also got to FaceTime my best friend and packed a bit!





Day 17: July 30 
Last Day in Castiglion Fiorentino

  I got breakfast this morning with my dad. I got a donut and a coffee. It's really just the simple things like getting breakfast with my dad that make me so happy. While sitting in the cafe, this Nigerian guy selling stuff came up and talked to us. We talked a bit, and he asked my dad if he would buy something from him. My dad said no, but he'd give him money to buy a donut. The Nigerian guy said he was really happy, because we were nice to him and greeted him when most people are rude or ignore him. I was really proud of my dad. Afterwards, we walked into town and my dad got a haircut.
  Once back at the center, I read my book and continued to pack. Towards the middle of the day, I got gelato with one of the students. Speed forward to the end of the day when some kids visited the center at dinner time. My sister and I played with them, then we all went out for gelato. It was a good day!


Hope you enjoyed!

-Love Ling








No comments:

Post a Comment