Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Few Beauty Tricks



Hello, friends! I've had an interest in all things beauty and makeup for quite some time now, and I've learned a lot over the years. Here are some beauty tricks I've learned that might make a difference in your beauty routine.


  1. Shave with conditioner: I find that I get a really smooth, long lasting shave when I use conditioner rather than shaving cream. Shaving with conditioner works best for me, and it also is more cost effective. Have you ever noticed that when you buy a shampoo and conditioner from the same line that you run out of shampoo first, leaving you with hair care awkwardness? If you use conditioner for hair and shaving, then you'll have a higher chance of finishing both products at the same time.
  2. Rinse your hair with cold water: I love hot showers, but the hot water isn't always good for your hair. I'm not saying you should take cold showers (Hades), but rinsing your hair with cold water after showering makes it shinier and locks in the nutrients.
  3. Use baby wipes: I have been using baby wipes to remove face makeup for years. Not once have they broken me out, and they do the same job as normal makeup wipes. Also, you get about 64 in a pack for $2, whereas normal makeup wipes come with 30 and cost $4. You can do the math. Choose the cheaper alternative.
  4. Eye makeup remover, then baby wipes: In conjunction with my last tip, remove your eye makeup before taking off your face makeup. When you use eye makeup remover, traces of residue can be left around your eye area. If you use that first then follow up with wipes, you can take off foundation/powder/concealer and the residue.
  5. Use cheap clear coat: Essentially, all clear coats do the same thing. They're a base and top coat. Your nail polish is going to chip no matter what. Why does it matter if you have an expensive clear coat? I just buy the 99 cent one from Wet n Wild and it does the job fine.
  6. Heat your eyelash curler: If you want full, curled lashes then I suggest heating up your eyelash curler with a blowdryer before curling your lashes. Only hold the dryer on the tool for about 10 seconds and then curl.
  7. Lipstick as blush: In a pinch? Apply your lipstick on the apples of your cheeks and blend for quick color when you're on the go. If you have a little extra time, set it with powder.
  8. Starbucks napkins: The next time you're at Starbucks, trap a handful of napkins. It doesn't have to be at Starbucks, even. Those cheap, brown napkins are amazing oil blotting sheets.
  9. Moisturize and wait: Your foundation or any face product will stay longer on a dry, hydrated face. After applying your moisturizer in the morning, wait about 5-10 minutes for the product to dry before applying foundation.
  10. Clean face makeup brushes at least once a week: If you find yourself breaking out often, try cleaning your makeup brushes, especially sponges. They are breeding grounds for bacteria and using them everyday is equivalent to applying dirt on your face. Ew. Clean them.

I hope you enjoyed these beauty tips and that you found them helpful! Let me know in the comments if you have any beauty questions that want to be answered. We'll have a Q&A sesh! You can also email me, my link is somewhere on my page. 

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment