Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Rise Above It

  Hello, friends! Today I'm going to talk to you about the importance of being the better person. I know that this is a concept that we are all told to maintain, but it's very hard sometimes. Believe me, I know. We are all tempted to go the easy way and give in to negativity or doing something hurtful. However, it is important to rise above it. Not only will this put you in a position of growth, but it will strengthen you, as well.
  Sometimes, we are just put into crappy situations. I know that I've had my fair share. For example, there was this one fight that I got into with a friend. We just weren't seeing eye to eye, and it would have been so easy to pick a fight and argue. There is a certain thrill one gets from a heated text argument. However, when I was at conflict with this person, I chose to be the better person. I tried to fix this wrong, even though I was pretty sure I was right. This does two things: drives the other person crazy and makes you into a better person. Always choose the higher road. When you're fighting with some, just apologize. It's like ripping off a bandaid. It sucks, but get it over with and move on.  
  I always talk about inner beauty on this blog, and choosing a higher path is a way to make yourself appear beautiful on the outside, and be beautiful on the inside, as well. 
-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment