Saturday, October 4, 2014

September Non-Beauty Favorites

Hello, friends! September literally flew by! So much happened, and I was so busy throughout the entire month. I found it difficult to remember what I loved, but I'm going to do my best!

Music

  • Shake It Off by Taylor Swift: I've been obsessed with the song. It's so fun, and always puts me in a good mood! I'll be a Swifty forever!
  • Somewhere Only We Know by Keane: This is such an amazing song. It's perfect for fall time, and I never get tired of it.
  • Cry For Me from the Jersey Boys  Soundtrack: I love Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. They're so amazing, even if they were a 60s band! I saw Jersey Boys (the movie and show inspired by the group), and I became obsessed with this song. I don't know why, but it makes me so happy.
  • You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban: Who doesn't love this song? It gets me pumped for the day and really lifts my spirit. Josh Groban is amazing.
  • Do You Love Me by The Contours: This is a typical 60s song, but it's so fun to dance to! Do you remember in Dirty Dancing when they were having that grinding party? They were dancing to this song.
TV/Movies
  • New Girl: The New Girl obsession has yet to cease. No show has made me laugh as hard as I have in this show. It's about a really quirky girl who shares a loft with three other guys and they basically become besties. I love how quirky and funny this show is, and also a lot of it is improvised! Hilarious!
  • The Hundred Foot Journey: I saw this movie this month and I loved it. It's centered around this Indian family who start a restaurant in France. They have really amazing food, but are challenged by the gourmet restaurant across the street. This show is heartwarming and funny, as well as hunger-inducing. I love it.

September was a crazy month full of ups and downs. It wasn't great, but I did discover a lot of cool music. I hope you have an amazing month and expect a new blog post to head your way soon!

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment