Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Summer Day!

  Hello, friends! How are you doing today? I am doing quite swell, because I get to talk to you about my day! Today was a gorgeous summer day, and I am so excited to tell you all about what happened in my totally exciting day. Let's get to it!
  I woke up this morning at 7:45 a.m. Early, I know. The cleaning team comes early in the morning to clean my house, so I had to evacuate downstairs to stay out of their way. However, I wasn't able to get breakfast, as they had occupied the kitchen. Henceforth, I was exiled to find food in another establishment.
  I decided to get breakfast at a local coffee shop. There, I drank my coffee, ate my muffin, and read outside. It was quite tranquil, if I do say so myself. It was nice. After breakfast, I made the spontaneous decision to go get myself a library card. I want to get more into reading, so I figured that the most cost effective way to get books was to get them from the library. I ended up getting "Ms. Pettigrew's Home For Peculiar Children", or something like that. I'm currently reading it, and I have come to the conclusion that while good, it's not meant to be read at nighttime. Too scary. I have to read it in the day.
  At 1 o'clock, I went swimming with some of my friends. I love swimming and the pool, in general. It's relaxing, yet fun at the same time. I love it, and I loved getting to hang out with them.
  After they went home, I took a shower, and got ready for the second half of my day. You see, I am in the process of cleaning out my closet. I got rid of a lot of stuff in it, so I had some things to take to a consignment store and Goodwill. After dropping my clothes off at the consignment store, they told me that it would take 45 minutes to an hour to process my clothing. Bull. It does not take that much time to look through a small trash bag of clothing. They're just telling me that so that I'll spend money at their store. Seeing right through their scheme, I left and decided to go spend my money at a different franchise. That'll show them. I ended up going to Target, where I browsed and picked up some essentials I had run out of, such as body wash and mouth wash. Those are necessary. Somehow, my easily material coerced mind was tricked into buying throw pillows for my bed. They were on sale. I'm taking them back tomorrow.
  After Target, I was mentally and physically exhausted. I went back to the consignment store and was able to scrounge fifteen dollars out of the clothes I brought in. The declined clothes were in a bag that I then walked out of the store with. The walk of shame. I intend on bringing them back, though. I'm going to keep bringing those clothes in until they buy them from me. Ha. Take that. 
  I would also like to mention that I did, in fact do what I intended to do with the goodwill stuff. I put that in the goodwill drop off.
  For the rest of the day, I basically chilled. I hung out around the house, watched some SacconeJoly YouTube videos, and ate snack upon snack. It was a pretty busy day of driving and running around, but I must say that I quite enjoyed it. Woo, summer! 

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment