Monday, June 9, 2014

Great New Movies: Summer 2014

Hello, friends! One thing that you guys might not know about me is that I love movies. Film is the brother to my well known of theatre. I love both. Recently, I have seen the movie "Maleficent" and the "The Fault in Our Stars", and I want to do a mini review of both of these movies for you. Without giving away the plot, here are my reviews.


Maleficent 


  Synopsis: "Maleficent" is the untold story of the character of Maleficent in the classic Disney movie, "Sleeping Beauty". It gives the audience an inside look into the formation of the character we see in "Sleeping Beauty", similar to "Wicked". Through magic, friendships, and heartbreak, "Maleficent" will enchant audiences. 

  Pretty descriptive, huh? That was a little dip inside the writer in me. I must say that "Maleficent" was spectacular. Angelina Jolie was cast perfectly for the lead, and she did an amazing job portraying this iconic character. I love that this story dives deeper into this character and holds her in a less negative light. It's a must see for the summer. No prior Sleeping Beauty experience required.



The Fault in Our Stars

  Synopsis: "The Fault in Our Stars" tells the story of two star-crossed lovers who grow and learn from each other while battling cancer. Based off of John Green's award winning novel, this movie is bound to touch your heart with its quirky anecdotes and heartbreaking story.

  A while back, I wrote a blog post reviewing "The Fault in Our Stars" book, which I will link right here if you would like to check it out. If you guys haven't read the book yet, you definitely need to. It's amazing. The book is quirky, adorable, and very intelligently written and the movie reflects that. I love that the movie is very similar to the book. Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort are wonderful. They are such talented actors and have great chemistry on screen. Keep some tissues with you when you see this. You're going to need them.

Alright! I hope you enjoyed this mini movie review! Leave movie suggestions in the comments below and I will try my best to watch and review them! 

-Love Ling



No comments:

Post a Comment