Wednesday, September 24, 2014

How to Deal With Disappointment

  Hello, friends! Getting let down sucks! Whether it may be about a friend, plan, or grade, raising your hopes and having them smashed into smithereens just blows. Recently, I have experienced really disappointing news. The play that I was so excited to get cast in ended up being cancelled. I'm sure you could imagine my disappointment. Of course, being the drama queen I am, I vented to...I don't know...everyone I knew about the whole incident. Finally I came to the conclusion that I was allowed to be sad and talk about it, but I couldn't let being disappointed keep me from missing out on a bunch of fun stuff. Yes, I really wanted that role. Yes, this was a great opportunity. Yes, I will be okay. Even if you're dealing with immense disappointment, know that you'll be okay. I believe that when God closes a door, he opens a window. Something better will come along. 
  I know that for me, I tend to act irrationally. When I'm disappointed, it's possible that I'll do things that may not be the best decision. Maybe I'll say things that shouldn't be said or whatever, but don't do what I do. Think things through before doing something that may not be good. You know what I mean. Just deal with the suckiness of disappointment and find a way to keep living. You'll be fine. Also, surround yourself with people that support you and will be there for you. It helps.

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment