Thursday, September 11, 2014

Work For It!

  Hello, friends! I have some really exciting news for you guys! As you know, I'm an "actress". I do community theatre. I don't get paid, but I consider myself to be an actress. I talked to you guys a couple months ago about being in "Anything Goes" in a particular theatre troupe. I've only been in that troupe for a year now, and I've yet to have a major role. Of course, I've definitely had roles that I've loved and enjoyed playing, but I've never been a lead. 
  Recently, I auditioned for a show in the upcoming fall. I went to go look at the cast list yesterday with my incessantly supportive best friend, and we noticed that my name was listed by the lead role. Yes! That means that I got the lead! I'm not here to brag to you about this role or anything like that. I just want you to know that if you work for it, you can achieve it. I've wanted to play a major role in a show for the longest time, and I haven't caught a break until now. However, this isn't because I got lucky. I've been rehearsing a monologue to perform at auditions for a very long time and worked really hard. I want to let you know that if you work hard enough, your goals can be accomplished. This can be anything from acting, to music, to sports. You can do anything you set your mind to and work hard on. Remember that. It may not happen overnight, but given time, you will catch a break. Just keep practicing your trade and work you butt off. It will pay off in the end. I love you.

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment