Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Day

  Hello, friends! This is the third edition of my "What I Did Today" series. I love doing these posts, because they're a perfect way to end the day: Self Reflection. I'm sure y'all are on the edge of your seats in suspense as to knowing what my exciting life has brought for me today. Well, here's what happened:

  I woke up this morning in a relatively good mood. I did a simple makeup look, put on a cute outfit and went downstairs for breakfast. I tried to avoid to coffee this morning to test my endurance and mental strength. It was a bit of a challenge to resist the urge pick up that coffee pot, but I ended up coffee less, with only a mere bowl of cereal in my belly.
  After breakfast, I drove my dad out of town to return a truck we rented to tote a new couch to our house. It was pretty uneventful, except for the fact that I had to drive through the pouring rain.
  Following my driving adventure, I went to church and did my weekly church activities. I'm not going to go into detail about the service.
  After church, my dad and I went out to lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant where I tried bubble tea for the first time. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like the smoothie/tea part, but I'm not so sure about the boba. They're a little iffy. As for my meal, I had a bowl of pho with meatballs. If you have never had pho before, you are missing out. It's basically soup with noodles, meat,and veggies. A Vietnamese specialty. It really hit the spot on the rainy day today. 
  Following lunch, my dad dragged me to look at furniture at the furniture store next door. BORING.
  When I got home, I did a bit of homework and got ready for my plans with my best friend in the whoooole entire world, Savannah. You know her from the Yours Truly blog. Love her. Anyways, we dropped some clothes off at a little anomaly that is Plato's Closet. If you aren't familiar with this franchise, people bring in clothes hoping that the store with give them some cash for it and you can also browse the store. We found some cute clothes...and some very interesting clothes. I ended up getting $12 for a whole bag of my clothes, and I spent eight of that amount to buy this gorgeous bohemian dress I found at the store.
  After Plato's Sav and I went to do hipster things. Meaning a homework/study/do nothing sesh at a local coffee house. We felt like total cool kids. Enough said. 
  I dropped Sav off at her house and then commenced into finishing up some homework at home. The End.
  
  I hope you enjoyed this totally random post about my day. Let me know if you want more posts like these and I will provide. Anyways! Here's my message for you as you start the new week: PUSH THROUGH. I know you just want the weekend to come again and not have to deal with all the he**ish things ahead, but keep on going and face the week with a smile. Love you!
  
-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment