Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Things That Make Me Happy

 
Hello, friends! Oftentimes, I forget that I have a beauty blog and post many philosophical questions and stories. I apologize for that, but this is a post that I really want to do. A lot of people my age are really negative. They complain that they're tired, hungry, stressed, etc. A lot of the times we, as human beings, find a lot of comfort is wallowing in all the things going wrong in our lives. It's healthy to reflect on what is happening, but we don't always look on the sunny side of life. We don't take time to reflect on things we love or things that we are really thankful for. The most important thing in life to me is happiness. I just want to be happy and I want others to be happy. Today, I am going to tell you twenty things that make me happy, in attempt to bring some joy into your life. Isn't that what this blog is about? Anyways! Here are some things that make me happy: 

  1. My friends- I love my friends to death! Sometimes after a really good day, I just thank God for the love they give me. They make me so happy and I'm so thankful for them.
  2. Family- Obviously my family makes me happy! They love me because they have to! I really love my family, because they're fun and love me for me. Cute, right?
  3. Hot Showers- I'm sure you can agree with me here. Hot showers are the bomb dot com. Can I get an "Amen"?! Seriously though, I love taking showers because it's very relaxing and I like feeling all warm and cozy.
  4. The Feeling After a Good Workout- I really like working out, especially cardio. When I'm done with a run or a dance workout, believe me I am breathing hard. However, I love the feeling when I finish a workout, because I know that I am helping my body and that I accomplished something amazing. 
  5. Coffee- I basically drink coffee everyday. I love the taste, look, and smell of those tiny little brown coffee beans. Yum! A good cup o' Joe in the morning is the best thing ever.
  6. Playing a G on the Flute- This may sound weird, but I love playing a "G" on the flute. I love the way it sounds, and it's the only note I play really well every time. 
  7. Perfect Nails- Nothing is worse than painting your nails and messing them up. Also, can we all agree that chipping is the worst? When I have a nice manicure going on, I feel like my life is in check.
  8. Brightening People's Day- Nothing gives me more joy than making someone happy, especially strangers. I love going into Target and making the cashier laugh. The feeling of being a light in someone's life, no matter who it is, is irreplaceable. 
  9. Musicals- I love musicals! They're so over the top and happy! I feel so happy when I'm watching a bunch of people on TV or onstage singing their hearts out. The feels are real.
  10. Making Collages- Sometimes I have these random bursts of creativity when I want to craft a lot. One of my favorite things to do is spend hours cutting out pictures from magazines and pasting them into a collage. 
  11. Pasta- I don't care what kind of pasta it is, I'll eat it. I just love pasta. No matter what restaurant I'm at, if there's pasta on the menu, I'll take two.
  12. Shopping- One thing that I really love is shopping. I love going to the mall and looking at all the things for sale. Browsing through the aisles just makes me really happy and when I go through my purchases when I get home, I'm just like "Oh to the yeah". 
  13. Watching Netflix in Bed- There's nothing greater than just having a lazy day and sitting in bed with my laptop catching up on Gossip Girl. I'm sure you agree/
  14. German- I have no idea why, but German is my favorite language. It's harsh, yes, but I love the way it sounds.
  15. Opera- Along with musicals, I love opera. I love singing opera, listening to it, and whatever else you do with it. The way it sounds is beautiful and the power behind it is incredible.
  16. Classical Music- I play piano and my favorite genre to play is classical. I love how linear it is and that it's very clean and balanced. My favorite composer is Bach, because his pieces are always moving and playing the crazy runs are really fun.
  17. Soft Lips- I absolutely hate having chapped, gross lips. When my lips are smooth and moisturized by my Rose Bud Lip Salve, I feel on point.
  18. Compliments- Who doesn't love compliments? I feel very happy when someone says something nice about the way I look or the way I act. 
  19. Makeup- I have a beauty blog (sorta) for goodness sakes! I love makeup! Buying new products and just sitting in the mirror and applying it is really fun. But of course, makeup is just an enhancer to the natural beauty God has given you.
  20. Hugs- I love hugging people and receiving hugs. Hugs are just very comforting being able to comfort someone is something that makes me happy.
I hope you enjoyed this super long post and that it inspired you to be thankful for the little things in life. Also, please don't be offended by my references to God in this post. Know that "God" can apply to any religion and I'm not trying to convert anyone. I love you!

-Love Ling

2 comments:

  1. This post made me so happy~!

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that! You really just made my day with that comment!

      Delete