Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Makeup of the Day

Hello, friends! Let's take a refreshing break from the deeper, heavier material I have been posting lately. While I do strive to give advice on daily life and dealing with it, I sometimes forget that this is a beauty blog! Today, I am starting a new series called "Makeup of the Day". A lot of people use social networking sites to share their "Outfit of the Day", but I don't find fashion to be as enjoyable as beauty. These posts will show you strictly the products I used that day, not pictures of myself. Here's the makeup I used today:

First I applied the Garnier BB Cream for Oily/Combo skin to add a bit of coverage, but give a breathable feeling. I find that this product is a tad orangier than my skin tone. I might have to look for a new product.
I set my face product with my Loreal Super Blendable Powder. This product is amazing, because it applies smoothly and doesn't cake up. It also gives a tad of coverage.
I always fill in my eyebrows when I do my makeup. They frame the face and make me look more defined. For this, I used my Milani Browfix Brow Kit. What I love about this kit is that it has two brow shades. I put the lighter one towards the front and the darker one towards the back for a more natural appearance. Even if your eyebrows are pretty thick already, filling in your brows makes a world of a difference, and depending on where you fill them in, can change the appearance of your face.
After brows, I moved on to the eye makeup. I have really oily eyelids ,and I find that applying a primer before shadow helps it stay on longer and be more vibrant. My favorite primer is the NYX HD Eye Primer. It keeps my shadows on for about 8 hours on my ridiculously oily eyelids.
For eyeshadow, I used the amazing Revealed Palette by Coastal Scents. I'm telling you, a review on it is coming soon! For right now, I can tell you that the majority of the shades are dupes for the Naked 1 and 2 palette and are crazy beautiful and pigmented. I wanted to go for a simple, natural eye look. I applied a cream-colored shade all over the lid and then a light taupe color in the crease for added definition. I took this bronze-pink color and applied it to the lower lashing for a bit of "oomph".  



I then applied my Loreal Laquer Liner in a thin line on my top lash line. This liner is long lasting and waterproof.

After gel liner, I applied a regular crayon liner by Almay in black on my tight line. This makes your lashes look thicker.



After curling my lashes, I applied a couple coats Benefit "They're Real". This mascara is amazing, because it volumes and lengthens my lashes beautifully. 

For cheeks, I applied a sample of Benefit's Coralista, a light coral shade. I love this blush for the springtime, because it makes my face look fresh and bright. Not to mention, it's amazing scent. Yes, this blush smells like sugar.


I don't typically apply lip products, so this is the end of my makeup for today. It does sound like a lot, but believe me, I don't look like a clown. I hope you enjoyed this post. Comment and let me know what you think of this series and any other posts you would like to see. 

-Love Ling

















No comments:

Post a Comment