Thursday, March 20, 2014

Confidence

  

Hello, friends! One of my favorite songs from the Sound of Music is called "Confidence". "I have confidence in sunshine, I have confidence in rain, I have confidence that spring will come again, and I'll make them see I have confidence in me" are the words sung by The Julie Andrews. I love that song. As you guys know, I am currently in a production called "Anything Goes". In this play, I am playing Purity, one of Reno Sweeney's Angels. I'm basically a promiscuous singer/dancer/actor. Since tonight is show night, I was inspired to create a post all about confidence, because that is something that you need onstage as well as in life. 
  I find that in today's society, people are more insecure than ever. I know people that are constantly worrying about what they look like, if their hair is straight enough, or if they're surrounded by enough people to look interesting.No fun! What they need is confidence. Confidence is something that is hard to gain or accept, because people are constantly telling you that you shouldn't be aware of your greatness. It's owning who you are, what you do, and how you do it with no apologies. You have to be brave and have faith in yourself. When I am performing in the musical, yes I get pre-show jitters, but in the theatre, you can't afford to be nervous. You just have to drag your sorry butt onto that stage and pretend like nothing is wrong, because in a play, you are not yourself. Now this leap of faith that you will succeed doesn't come from other people, it comes from confidence. I have to trust that I am going to be great, put all the energy I have into making this show spectacular, and forget about any troubling things.
  Friends, what I am trying to tell you is that confidence is essential to live a fulfilling, happy life. Don't let fear, other people, or your own doubts stop you from doing something amazing. Be amazing. Don't be ordinary. Own up to you abilities. Now, go out and take on today with a smile on your face, love in your heart, and exuding an air of confidence.

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment