Monday, March 24, 2014

Let it Go- African Version


  Hello, friends! I'm not sure if y'all know this, but I am a huge fan of Disney's new animated movie, "Frozen". This is an absolutely spectacular movie that I think anyone will enjoy. The star song of the whole movie is a powerhouse called "Let it Go", sung by the extraordinary Idina Menzel. If you haven't heard her version of this song, GO LISTEN TO IT. It's amazing. Better, yet! Watch the video for it, then buy the movie, then watch it a thousand times. It's great. 
  My voice teacher actually showed me the video above which is the African Version of "Let it Go". I love it! It's so different from what I'm used to hearing, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I literally want to cry every time I watch it. Every time. Do you want to know a secret? The girl singing is named Lexi Walker, and she's eleven. Eleven! She's incredible, as is Alex Boyé, the African man singing with her. I just wanted to share this video with you if you haven't already seen it. Let me know what you think! 

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment