Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Book Review


  Hello, friends! The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green is one of my most recent reads. It's quirkiness and brutal reality has caused it to gain major popularity and a special place in my heart. On June sixth, my dreams will finally be coming true as it will be shown in theaters!  I figured that you all will be flocking to the movies to go watch the beautifully written story of Mr. Green, but why not read a little review to remind yourself of the awesomeness of this book? For this reason, I present to you The Fault in Our Stars book review. 

  The Fault in Our Stars tells the story of a teenager named Hazel Grace with physically kaput lungs. She has been battling cancer for a while and attends a youth group consisting of cancer patients like her. There, she meets the dreamy Augustus Waters, who shows Hazel Grace the beauty within herself and in the world. 
  One thing that I really enjoyed about this book is that it keeps the reader engaged in its quirkiness. There are several lines in TFIOS that are simply hilarious and very well thought out. At the same time, the book is very philosophical and makes the reader think. I have found myself mentally referring to parts in it when I need direction or inspiration. Another thing that made The Fault in Our Stars enjoyable is the heart (no pun intended) that is the basis for the novel. It really is a charming, sweet story that has the reader rooting for the underdog. 
  Honestly, the best way to find out if The Fault in Our Stars is a good read for you is either by sampling it or just going out and buying it. Believe me, you will spend sleepless nights reading the words of the fantastical John Green with no regrets. It's humor, light-heartedness, and emotional depth make this book (in my opinion) one of the best of 2013,2014, and beyond. Okay.
-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment