Tuesday, July 29, 2014

100th Post! Wander-ling: Castiglion Fiorentino Day 13&14

Hello, friends! This is an account of what I did over the weekend while in good ole Castiglion Fiorentino. 

Day 13: July 26
Nothin' Much

  I really didn't do much on this day. I went through the typical morning routine of getting a pastry and coffee, but then I just went back to the center and blogged until lunch time. For lunch, we all went to "Roggi's" for pizza, and my sister and I shared a sausage pizza. It was delicious. 
  After we got back from lunch it started pouring, then hailing. It was pretty ridiculous! My family and I had planned to go to the pool that day, but our plans got cancelled. For the rest of the day, I watched YouTube, read, drew, and worked out until dinner. At dinner, I tried anchovies. I have to say, I'm not a fan. 

Day 14: July 27
Best Day Ever?

  I was determined to make this day the best day ever! It started out as just an ordinary day with my pastry and coffee, but as me and my dad were walking through town, we noticed a bunch of booths set up. Today was "garage sale day", where all the towns people will set up tables trying to sell their stuff. I saw a bunch of cool antique items, as well as many homemade crafts. It was so cool and I loved walking around and looking at it all. My sister and I actually made a new friend while walking through town. This old man came up to us and greeted us in Italian. Then he gave us hugs and asked us about ourselves (in Italian). I translated for my sister, and told him our names. He then called us his children, hugged us, and walked off. It was an adorable moment. 
  After going through town, Don, my dad, my sister and I got lunch at Roggi's where I got spaghetti pomodoro. That's basically spaghetti with tomato sauce. It was totally delicious. After lunch, we got gelato. 
  Once back at the center, I played poker with some of the students. I kinda fumbled my way through it. I'm not very good, but it was fun. I then played Scrabble with some of our other students, which was fun, as well. After playing games, I practiced piano and went on YouTube. What else is new, right? 
  When it was time for dinner, I helped pay off my dad's tab at the center's bar. I had a whole bunch of coins (12 euros) and I just stacked it up on the counter and let the tender sort it out. It was pretty hilarious. Dinner was delicious, and my sister and I got gelato afterwards. I got chocolate and hazlenut, which was the most amazing combination. Later, we went up to the castle with the students and watched the sun go down, which was amazing. It was insanely beautiful. For the rest of the night, we hung out with the students and played ninja and had a dance party. They're basically awesome. 


Alright guys! I hope you enjoyed this post! I'll talk to you later!

-Love Ling

(PS: Shout out to my 100th post! I've been running Love Ling for about 6 months now ,and I've loved sharing my life with you. Thank you for being part of this blog and coming back to read it! Here's to another 100 posts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment