Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wander-ling: Castiglion Fiorentino Day 5,6&7

Hello, friends! Here are some more travel diary posts! Enjoy!

Day 5: July 18
La Pievuccia

  This morning, my sister, Dad, and I woke up early to go to the outdoor market in town. It's essentially an outdoor Wal-Mart and has everything you could possible dream of. Afterwards, me and my sister got breakfast at our favorite bar/cafe, Bar la Posta. I broke my heart sunglasses there. 
  Afterwards, we walked down with the students to La Pievuccia, which is a local winery in Castiglion Fiorentino, for our guided tour and wine tasting. The owner of this winery, Ricardo, has been doing tours for our program for several years now, and we've been really impressed with him. My sister and I didn't actually go on the tour, because we've seen it so many times. We did, however, meet up with the students later for the wine tasting. I'm not a huge fan of wine, so I just tasted a little bit. The winery did give us snacks, though, and I wolfed them down like there was no tomorrow. 
  After getting back from La Pievuccia, I had lunch back at the center. Later that day, my dad, sister, and I went down to the pool. At the pool in Castiglion Fiorentino, everyone is required to wear swim caps. What a fabulous trend. The pool was awesome, though, and I swam a bit and dove off the diving board many times. There was this Italian kid there, though, that kept harassing me and my sister in Italian. I was trying to explain to him in Italian that I don't understand what he's saying, but he ignored me, continuing to confuse me to no avail. 
  When we got back from the pool, I skyped my mom and then went downstairs to the kitchen to help out. When I was younger and used to come to the center, I made friends with the ladies in the kitchen and would assist them in preparing the food, which was awesome. I took a stab at the activity of my former glory days, and had a really good time. It's always good to see the chefs.
  Dinner came and went, but it was awesome, because a friend of the center's brought her kids, and my sister and I hung out with them a bit. They're 5 and 8, and are so adorable. They also like to play tag and wear out those trying to chase them. Anyways! That basically concluded my day!


Day 6: July 19
Another Chill Day

  My dad, sister, and I got breakfast together at...you guessed it! Bar la Posta! Afterwards, we went shopping around town and got some groceries. For the rest of the day, I just chilled. I blogged, read, and went on YouTube until I went out with my family in the evening for gelato and concert held at Castiglion Fiorentino. I wasn't too impressed with the music, because I didn't know who the main act was. People would just come up and sing, talk, then another person would come up and perform. It was kinda weird. Anyways, it was a good day, and I had fun. Even though nothing really happened. 


Day 7: July 20
WHY SO MANY UNEVENTFUL DAYS
(Because it's the weekend, and there were no group trips planned)


  1. Got breakfast with my dad (cappuccino and pastry, delicious)
  2. Blogged until lunch time
  3. Lunch: At the local pizzeria, Roggi's, where I got a delicious truffle pizza. 
  4. Watched endless Ariana Grande and Shrek the Musical videos
  5. The former president of Dell computers, Lee Walker visited the center. This guy is so cool. Not only is he a business man, but an avid learner. He asked me and my sister to play piano for him, so we gave him a mini concert.
  6. Day ends. 
I'm sorry that the last couple of posts weren't too eventful, but I'm telling them to you as they happened. Anyways! I hope you enjoyed this post! See you next time!

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment