Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wander-ling: Castiglion Fiorentino Day 15

Hello, friends! Even though this post is being uploaded in the future from when I wrote it, I'm actually writing about what happened today! Not two days ago! I'm finally caught up! For those of you hoolagins wondering what I did today, I'll let you know. 

Day 15: July 28

  I woke up pretty early this morning to get breakfast with my sister. We got breakfast at Bar la Posta and sat outside so we could look at the gorgeous Tuscan view. It was pretty amazing. After breakfast, we came back to the center and chilled for a bit. I played some piano and practiced some vocals, then organized this huge pile of music that's kept in the theatre where the piano is kept. This pile is full of random sheet music, and I took it upon myself to take the incomplete songs and throw them away, and piece together the music that has a complete song. It was a process, but I'm happy that I got it done. 
  Later, we had lunch at the center. It was a delicious tortellini in a nice sauce. I loved it. I worked out and hung out until three o'clock, when my dad planned to go on a hike with the students. Naturally, I went with them. This hike took us up over the mountains, overlooking Castiglion Fiorentino and a good chunk of Tuscany. Walking uphill for about two miles was quite difficult, but it was fun. My calves better look amazing. When we finally walked down from the mountain, all of us went to "Coco Palm" to replenish our energy. I got a "granite", which is basically the Italian version of a slushie. It's so much better than a slushie. It really hit the spot, because I was so hot and tired.
  Once we came back to the center, I took a glorious cold shower. Do not underestimate the power of a cold shower after hiking. It was amazing. I hung out with the students a bit in the courtyard, then went grocery shopping with them. We were craving junk food. I got a kinder egg (common candy in Italy),  a chocolate bar, lime and pepper chips, and water. When we came back to the center, I played UNO with some of the students. It was an intense game. We played with doubles and in such a way that if someone notices that you have "UNO" and calls it out before you say it, you have to draw a card. Yikes!
  After playing cards, I went down for dinner and now I'm currently blogging. The day is coming to a close, but I really had fun today. I hope that your day is going well and I'm sending hugs and lots of love to you!

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment