Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Apple, Feta, and Walnut Salad Recipe

  Hello, friends! It's been a while since I've done a recipe post, so to make up for it, I have two for you! I have this one right here, which is a really simple salad recipe that's nice and light, perfect for the summer! The next one should be posted in about a week and will be a surprise! Let's get on to this recipe, shall we? It's the perfect blend of salty and sweet, but it's also really healthy! 

Serves 2
**I doubled this recipe for my 4 person family, and it was way too much! If you're looking to serve 4 with this salad as a side dish, the amount of ingredients should be fine. 

You will need: 

  • 100g baby spinach
  • 1 red apple
  • Handful of candied walnuts
  • 50g crumbled feta
  • 1 TB apple cider (or apple juice is fine) 
  • 1 TB wholegrain mustard
  • 3 TB olive oil
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Part A- Salad Preparation

  • Star by rinsing and drying your spinach. Go ahead and place it in a big salad bowl

  • Next, chop up your apple into smaller little niblets. Set them to the side after you're done. 

  • Then grab your handful of candied walnuts and place aside. 


  • Measure out 50g of crumbled feta and set aside. 



Part B- Dressing
  • Next, mix the apple cider/juice, olive oil, mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl. This will be your dressing. 

Now just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and enjoy! 

Alright guys! That is the salad recipe that I have to share with you today! I hope you try it out, and let me know what you think! 

-Love Ling







No comments:

Post a Comment