Sunday, February 9, 2014

January Favorites 2014

Hello,friends! Alright, I'll admit it. I might be a little bit addicted to YouTube and watching beauty videos. I know it may seem totally lame, but I really love watching Beauty Gurus share their trade and getting recommendations from them. One of my favorite videos to watch comes around once a month and almost all the YouTubers I subscribe to participate in them: The Monthly Favorites Video. In this video, they share the products (beauty, health,body) that they have been using and loving all month and random things they have loved as well. January was a really good month for me and I have gotten to experience a lot of different things throughout the month. I figured, why not share my favorite things of January with y'all? Furthermore, sit back, relax, and enjoy my January favorites. 

1.) My first favorite product for January is this nail polish by Sinful Colors. It's called "Endless Blue", and by the title, it's easy to guess that it's a blue color. I love how bold and bright it is and the royal blue really pops against my skin. 
2.) My second favorite is another nail polish by one of my favorite brands, Wet n Wild. It's called "Lethal Injection", and I have loved this polish for a very long time. I love how dark it is, but at the same time, the color is still very classy and sophisticated. Also, in different lighting, the color will appear darker or lighter.
3.)My hair is very dry and a lot of the times, I find myself needing some sort of treatment to moisturize it and keep it looking healthy. I have really been loving this Loreal Damage Erasing Hair Mask. It's only about five dollars at the drug store and it leaves my hair feeling super silky after leaving it in for a few minutes. Plus, it smells like banana and coconut. 
4.) I have tried so many different dry shampoos in the past and I find that they leave my hair feeling even more dirty and greasy than it was before. I picked up this Garnier Fructis Dry Shampoo the other day and I have found it to work wonders. It smells absolutely amazing and makes my oily hair look and feel like I just washed it.
5.) My skin is oily and very acne prone. I have found that using some sort of exfoliant at night helps treat my skin and acne. This Green Tea Scrub by St. Ives is absolutely amazing. Not only does it smell like tea, but it also has Salicylic Acid in it that has really helped clear up my skin and leave it looking fresh and healthy.
6.) In January, I used my Garnier BB Cream for Combo to Oily Skin quite often. It's very runny and the product just pours out of the tube, but it has really good coverage and blends very nicely on my skin. Despite my skin's oiliness, this BB cream lasts for about six or seven hours. 
7.) For Christmas, my best friend got me the Em Cosmetics Great Coverup Concealer, and I just love it. It's a very thick formula, but it covers imperfections like a dream and blends effortlessly. I also find that it lasts a really long time. I am so thankful that I received this as a gift, because it is the best concealer I have ever tried.
8.) Throughout January, I used my NYX Love in Rio Cabana Boy palette a lot. I really love applying the first gold color all over my lid for a nice, natural look. The color is very pigmented and seems to last a long time, even with my oily eyelids.
9.) I bought myself the Sephora Desert Storm Palette for my birthday last year. I really love the eyeshadows in this palette. There's a good variety, so you can create a ton of eye looks and the shadows are really good quality. They're really velvety  and pigmented. 
10.)My absolute favorite body mist is Pure Seduction by Victoria's Secret. The scent is very fruity and fresh. I love spraying it on, because it makes me smell like a walking, talking basket of papaya and mango. Who doesn't love that? Seriously though, if you haven't smelled it, you are missing out.

  




January was a really good month for me and I was able to experience new and different things that made the month very memorable. I look forward to seeing what February of 2014 has to offer. I hope you enjoyed this post and got some good tips on new things to try.

-Love Ling









No comments:

Post a Comment