Friday, February 7, 2014

What Music am I Listening to Now?

  Hello, friends! I know I'm not the only person alive who loves music. There's really nothing better than blocking out the world by putting in headphones and jamming out to your favorite album. My music taste is all over the place. I absolutely love Broadway show tunes, but I also love alternative, pop, rock, and everything in between. In today's post, I am going to share with you some of my favorite songs that I've been listening to right now. 


  • Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars- After seeing him perform at the Super Bowl, I was completely inspired to get back into my love affair with his music. This song has a really cool rock n roll beat with a little bit of a pop edge. 
  • Epiphany by Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter- Although, I haven't officially seen Sweeney Todd, I am a HUGE fan of Johnny Depp and enjoy this song immensely. Basically in the context of the story, Sweeney Todd is singing "Epiphany" explaining how everyone deserves to die. It's really not the best song to get stuck in your head, but I am totally guilty of singing it in public.
  • Let it Go by Idina Menzel- Idina Menzel has been my idol for such a long time. I loved her in Wicked and I loved her in Frozen. This song is the most amazing ballad, but quite a doozy to sing.
  • Counting Stars by One Republic- I disliked this song for the longest time, but I'm starting to get into it now. It's really catchy and is fun to listen to. 
My music taste is really all over the place, but whose isn't? I hope you take time to listen to these songs, because I think they are pretty spectacular.

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment