Monday, December 8, 2014

Every Day Makeup Routine

Hello, friends! Today I'm going to be showing you my everyday makeup routine for a look that I would wear on a typical day. It only takes ten to fifteen minutes to do, which I love! I don't wear this look every day, but this is a solid look that covers all the bases of makeup. I hope you enjoy!

Before applying makeup, I clean my face and moisturize with the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer. I usually wait about five to ten minutes before apply face makeup so that it stays on longer.


  • Primer: I first apply a primer to my face  so that the makeup I apply will last longer. The face primer I use is the Smashbox Photo Finish Light. It provides a really nice base for the foundation, makes it last longer, and creates a flawless look. I just apply this to my T-zone.
  • Eye Primer: I then apply the NYX HD Primer to my lids so that it can have time to settle in before using eyeshadow. This is my favorite primer and keeps my eyeshadow in place on my super oily eyelids. This is very comparable to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. It's amazing.
  • Foundation: The foundation I use changes day to day, but the foundation I've been using lately is Revlon Color Stay. This foundation provides really full coverage and lasts all day long! I apply this with my Real Techniques Beauty Sponge to create an even complexion. This foundation can be a bit heavy, but using a sponge helps lighten it.  
  • Powder: After foundation, I apply the Revlon Color Stay Translucent Powder to keep my foundation in place. I don't like this powder very much, because it's really chalky and makes my skin look weird. I'm almost done with it, though.
  • Eyebrows: I always use my Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit to fill in my brows. The dark brow shade is perfect my brow color. I use an angled eyeliner brush to fill them in so that my face can look more put together. Filling in your eyebrows really make a world of a difference.
  • Eyeshadow: It's shadow time! I don't have much time to get ready, so I'll usually just do an all over the lid shade or a matte look. For this look, I chose the Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush. This is a beautiful shimmery rose gold color, and it's super pigmented! I love this eyeshadow for an every day look.
  • Eyeliner: After eyeshadow, I apply eyeliner to my top tight line. I use the Maybelline Master Drama Liner in black. I only apply this to the top, because as soon as I blink, it transfers to my water line. I really love how black and pigmented this liner is, but it tends to smudge on me.
  • Mascara: Now it's time for lashes! I love my Loreal Butterfly Mascara, which is just amazing. It creates really big, long lashes that look amazing throughout the day. I love this product!
  • Blush: Lastly is blush! I love my Benefit Coralista Blush, which gives my cheeks a tint of a pink/coral color and adds some life. It's also very bright and helps highlight my face. I love it!
Well, folks! This is my everyday makeup routine! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know what products I should try! Place your suggestions in the comments below!

-Love Ling






No comments:

Post a Comment