Thursday, April 17, 2014

What Music Have I Been Listening to Lately?

Hello, friends! Here is yet another installment of my favorite series on my blog: "What Music Have I Been Listening to Lately?". It changes all the time, every week, every day. There's a wide and I mean WIDE array of my jams. Let's take a look.

"Til I Hear You Sing" by Ramin Karimloo: I love talking about "The Phantom of the Opera" with you guys. It's one of my loves, even though it's quite scary. This song is from "Love Never Dies", the sequel to the first show. In the context of this song, the Phantom is basically singing about him missing the voice of the one he loves. It's such a heart breaking song, but Ramin sings it so beautifully. I love musical theatre music, and this song is so gorgeous. Who knew guys could hit a Bb?

"Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane: This song really just gets me in the mood for the day. It's really easy to listen to, and I'm pretty sure that it has the potential to be liked by everyone. A couple of my friends and I will actually be performing this song soon, but you'll get details about that in the future.

"Almost There" by Anika Noni Rose: Yes, this is from "Princess and the Frog". Anika has the most gorgeous voice and this song is really cute and uplifting. I definitely recommend it to all you Disney lovers out there.

"Part of Your World" by Sierra Boggess: Sierra Boggess has been my music/theatre/Broadway/opera obsession lately. This chick can SING. She's starred on Broadway multiple times, and I, of course, know her from Phantom of the Opera. She has also starred as Ariel in the Broadway version of "The Little Mermaid", and I love her version of "Part of Your World". It's been a love of mine lately. 

As you can see, my music taste have been all over the place. I love spicing it up! I don't like to listen to one genre all the time- BORING. I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I will talk to you guys later! 

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment