Thursday, November 27, 2014

Beauty Cleanse

Hello, friends! When I went to church last week, my pastor had a great sermon on contentment. It's important to be happy with what you have and not be worried about new things. I know it's very popular in the beauty community to always have the next big thing and to buy, buy, buy. I used to take that approach, but I've slowed down a bit over the past couple of years. Sure, it's nice to buy yourself the occasional lipstick or mascara, but having six of the same product in different colors is extremely excessive. 
  The other day, I took the time to go through my cabinets and draws and rid myself of any and all beauty products I deemed to not be beneficial to me. I threw away old mascaras, lip products I never use, face products that I don't like, etc. I got rid of anything that I didn't immediately use. I don't need clutter to cramp my space. It was really refreshing to get rid of a ton of products that I didn't use and focus on products that I know and love. I think it's better to have a couple key products to rely on, than a bunch of other crap that doesn't do anything other than take up space. 
  I encourage you to look through your belongings and rid yourself of things that aren't helping you. Get rid of the old eyeshadows that "You swear you're going to use someday" or the hairspray that "Isn't great but it's there just in case". Trust me, you'll be better off.

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment