Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Real Techniques Facial Sponge Review


Hello, friends! Ah! I'm so excited! Most of you know about the Beauty Blender. It's a cute, pink sponge that you use to apply foundation. It's gotten really great reviews and people just rave over this product! However, the Beauty Blender is $20, which is absolutely outrageous for a sponge. I found a dupe for this product, and I'm so excited to share it with you! While shopping at Ulta with my friend, I came across the Real Techniques Facial Sponge, bought it, and took it home to try it out. Let's see how it fares:

Price: The sponge is $5.99 at Ulta

Packaging: It's very simple orange sponge. It has a pointy side for smaller areas of the face, as well as a flat side for larger areas of the face. The product feels very soft and plushy.

Application: I ran it under water first so that it wouldn't absorb the foundation I was going to apply. I noticed that when submersed in water, it's nearly double the size of the product when dry. The foundation I used was the Covergirl 3 in 1 Foundation, and I just dotted the product all over my face. I then took the sponge and blended the foundation onto my skin. I used a patting motion, and I noticed that the sponge felt really nice and soft on my face. It just bounced all over, very plushy and pillowy. The final outcome of the foundation was amazing. It blended into my skin like a dream, with no cakiness at all. 

Final Thoughts: I absolutely love this product! It works so well and makes my foundation look absolutely flawless on my skin. It is very comparable, if not better than the $20 Beauty Blender. Whether or not this product should be purchased is not a question. It's a $6 sponge that allows makeup application with ease! I love it!

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment