Sunday, January 18, 2015

10 Reasons Why I Love Theatre

  Hello, friends! As you guys know, theatre is a passion of mine. I have loved it ever since I was a little girl and performed for the first time as Gretyl in The Sound of Music. Today I'm going to be listing 10 reasons why I love theatre. Let's do this thing!


  1. Theatre let's you become someone else: For that hour and a half (or so) onstage, you get to live the life of a character that is not you. How awesome is that?
  2. It gives a glimpse into what it means to be human: Theatre portrays life and what is shown on the stage reminds people of what being human is.
  3. Theatre is based on pure, raw talent: What you put on stage is what you get. There is no editing, no redoes, not touchups.
  4. You gain confidence: Theatre gives you confidence! By acting and performing onstage, I am able to live confidently in real life.
  5. Bond with cast: There's nothing like cast bonding. When you're in a show, the cast and crew becomes your family and you're all working together towards a common goal.
  6. There's nothing like being under stage lights: For me, being onstage with the stage lights on is magical. You can't see the audience, it's just you and your cast onstage and it's amazing.
  7. You can create a different world with your cast: Theatre allows you to live in a different world than you live in real life. Onstage, you create situations and scenes of another world.
  8. The applause: Getting an applause for your show and all that you put into it is the most satisfying, rewarding experience.
  9. You can connect with the audience: Whenever I do a show, my goal is to allow my character to connect with the audience. Theatre allows you to form a relationship with people in a completely new way.
  10. Allows freedom of expression: I love theatre, because I am able to express myself and there is not limit to how I can do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment