Thursday, January 15, 2015

My 5 Best Studying Tips


  Hello, friends! I know a lot of people are taking midterms and exams around this time. If you are one of those unfortunate people, I am so sorry. Exams suck, and studying sucks even worse. However, I have five tips that have helped me in the past when I am studying for a big test. Hopefully they work for you!


  1. Study At Least 3 Days in Advance: It's a lot easier to take a big test when you start preparing for it ahead of time.Give yourself a couple of days before the test to study and review information. It may help to write out a schedule of exactly what you're going to study and when.
  2. Look Through Notes and Jot Down Main Concepts: There are a ton of questions on how to study. For me, it works best to look over all of my notes and write down the main ideas, as well as details that go with them. This may include facts, examples, or equations. If there's a concept that you're not as familiar with, write it down!
  3. Use Colored Pens & Highlighters When Studying: I find it easier to learn and study when I am using colored pens. It's a lot more fun, for one, and I feel like it helps me remember facts better. Try to alternate between 2-3 colors and highlight main ideas and headers.
  4. Quizlet: I really like using Quizlet when I need to review vocabulary words. Quizlet is an online flashcard website that I've been using for years. All you have to do is type out the words or facts you need to memorize and the site allows you to practice with those terms through fun games! It works like a charm! Here's a link to sign up.
  5. Take Breaks: It's hard to sit down and study for hours straight. Take breaks every 30 minutes to an hour of studying. Get a snack, do a workout, or hang out to let your mind rest a bit.
I hope this post gave you some tips on ways to study! Everyone is different, so what works for me may not work for you, so don't rely too heavily on what I am telling you, but give some of these tips a try!


2 comments:

  1. This is going to be incredibly helpful for AP exams at the end of the year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete