Sunday, January 11, 2015

Acts Of Kindness

  Hello, friends! How are you guys today? I hope you have had an amazing week and the transition from the holidays to real life has been smooth for you!
  Today I want to talk to you about kindness. You all know that I am a huge advocate of inner beauty, and I think that inner beauty can be found by simply being a good person. Of course, it's difficult to be nice and smiley all the time, but I think being a decent human being is something that is really respectable. 
  A couple of months ago, I went to Ikea with my family. Obviously we had to eat in the cafeteria before shopping, because you just can't pass up the opportunity for Ikea meatballs! After eating we, left to go shopping and I noticed that I didn't have my purse that I had had while eating with me. I left it in the cafeteria! I freaked out and darted back to our table to see if it was still there. I was so relieved, because when I got back to the table, there was a man there with his girlfriend waiting for us to come back. They sat there and watched over my bag until they knew that the owner had come and gotten it! How nice is that?
  It's really refreshing to know that there are people out there that are nice just to be nice. Experiencing these random acts of kindness remind us of the humanity of people, though the the world is cold and mean. I encourage all of you to just be decent people. Hold the door for people, let people in your lane when you're driving, say "Thank you" to the barista at Starbucks. These are little things, but they make a huge difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment