Saturday, January 10, 2015

This Week In Fame!

  Hello, friends! This week I got back in rehearsals for the show that I am currently in, Fame. I just wanted to update you on the progress of the musical and all that has gone down in Fame rehearsals this week.
  
Monday: On Monday, we worked on blocking the "There She Goes/Fame" cafeteria scene. We got the entire scene done and were able to run through it, which was great! I love this scene, because it's the big dance scene that the who is known for, and I get to strut on cafeteria tables ,which is awesome!

Tuesday: On Tuesday, we worked on choreography for "There She Goes/Fame". The rehearsal went so well and we got a ton done! The choreography wasn't too hard, but it will look amazing when it all comes together. There are so many talented people in the cast, and I'm sure it will turn out amazing. I have to get used to singing while dancing a full number, though!

Wednesday: Oh, God. This dreaded day. The stage kiss blocking day. The characters that were couples in the show got together with the director to work on blocking the stage kisses, which was super awkward and definitely interesting. It got done though!

Thursday: On Thursday, we blocked and ran two scenes. I didn't feel like I was completely myself this day and didn't put in the performance that I wanted to. But that's okay! It's fine to have an off day, I just need to make sure that I don't let it continue. 

  Alright guys! I hope you all are liking these updates on Fame. For me, it's a great way to document an amazing experience and share them with you guys! Let me know if you're liking them! 

-Love Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment