Wednesday, January 14, 2015

5 Steps To Becoming A Better Friend


  Hello, friends! I want to share some tips on how to be a better friend with you guys! You may think you already have a good friendship already, but sometimes it's nice to take a step back and re-evaluate yourself. 


  1. Listen: To be a good friend, it's important to hone the skills of listening. I know, for me I like to entertain. Or maybe I just like being the center of attention. That's probably it. A lot of times, I find myself talking over my friends because what I have to say is always more important than what they have to say. I need to stop doing that! I think that good friends listen to their friends and really process what they have to say. It's a great gift to give someone, because everyone wants to be heard. Shut up and listen!
  2. Support: Good friends support each other! It's important to be there for your friend when they are going through something or having a bad day. It's also nice to support what they do, so going to a concert or competition of theirs is always extra supportive.
  3. Quality time: It's important to spend quality time with your friends. This may be a coffee date or just hanging out, but giving your time to a friend is a nice thing to do.
  4. Don't judge: Good friends don't judge! If your friend says something that you don't agree with, it is not your position to judge them if they are your friend. Your job is to raise them up, not bring them down. 
  5. Be honest: Be open and honest with your friend. You don't have to tell them all of your secrets, but if you have an opinion of something, share it truthfully. 
I hope you enjoyed this post on friendship! I have a set of really amazing friends, and I love them so much. This post is not intended to point fingers or passively tell my friends something. I'm just sharing this with you so we can all become better friends, myself included! Anyways! Thank you for reading, and I will talk to you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment